January 11, 2007

they are my christmas

Every year I make strong efforts to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas and try to remember it's about Christ and not get lost in all the wrapping paper that comes with the material facade. My oldest son found out the truth about "you know who" last year and with two new little ones I've been trying to find a new tradition that will focus more on the origins of the day's celebrations. For me, I find joy in simply being with the ones I love and watching them discover the magic of the holiday. I enjoy giving much more than receiving. Here are a few photos of my family this Christmas, although they look nothing like the Christmas season. We were actually hanging out on the beach with no shoes in 70 degree weather! I hope your holidays were filled with happiness and the new year will be blessed. Feel free to share with me some holiday traditions you have, maybe it will inspire an idea for my family!






Santa's lil' elves visit the seagulls, leaving them some christmas goodies




First time these little toes touch the sandy beaches


No comments:

 
sally gupton photography. copyright 2008.