March 22, 2007

a small bit of heaven in the dentist office??

there i was this morning, lounged in the waiting room, sipping my coffee while my son was having his teeth cleaned. I was relaxed and had absolutely nothing on my mind. All of a sudden,it hit me, I was in heaven. It was the first time in a long time I have been able to sit and just...breathe! There were no children climbing up my legs, tugging on me to play, asking me questions, talking my ear off, there was no silly children's song stuck in my head, no laundry or dishes, no data analysis, no editing, no traffic & driving, no "to do" list, nothing but my coffee and I. I relished in every moment of it and it was pure heaven. Don't the kids need their teeth cleaned more than every 6 months? I didn't realized how long it had been and how bad I needed it until I found myself there. And to make it even better tonight is date night for my husband and I. WOO HOO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The little things in life that bring such joy. Thanks for this blog...it will remind me to be greatful for those lttle things.

 
sally gupton photography. copyright 2008.