February 29, 2008

Work that Mojo!

The mojo and friends gathered at the Garage (a local musical venue) in honor of Kenya's birthday. All musicians were amazing and the celebration was filled with an over flow of love for Kenya and music, which is a big part of her life. There were so many good photographs, I ended up posting bookoos. I'm working on a slideshow project with Kenya, gathering music from each artist in hopes to play their song with their images. I'll hopefully post a link to that soon. I hope you enjoy! {you may remember I took photos of kenya last spring.}




Kenya, the birthday girl, and lead singer for the Mojo's!





Kenya with musician Becca Stevens










Kenny Furr and Mike Prescott




musician joe hundertmark


Bill Stevens






Noah Kaplan


Poet Aaron Poller




Every one of these artists were incredibly talented, other artist not pictured but should'nt be excluded are: Vaughn Ambrose, Shirazette Tinnin, Charles Brown & Michael Thomas.
I think Charles Brown sang my favorite song, Where I Am, however Becca Stevens is amazing and of course there is no other like Kenya, that voice!
You can see a link to the evenings event. Happy Birthday Kenya!

No comments:

 
sally gupton photography. copyright 2008.