March 28, 2008

workshop

Neil Van Niekerk, an amazing individual & photographer, held a workshop in Charlotte, NC recently. Within the first five minutes I was completely amazed and could have went home happy with the money I paid.

I think, like all photographers, as you gain experience and learn more about lighting, technology, equipment, even geometry -your growing in your profession. If you were to look at the beginning of this blog and scroll through the posts throughout the years, you can see how I have grown in the quality of the image.

There is alot of work behind the scenes aside from just taking the photos. What kind of work you ask? Let's see...Backing up data {again and again and again}, post processing (photoshop), uploading images to galleries, emailing/calling clients, design work for art albums & birth announcements, receiving/placing print orders, keeping up with the ever changing digital technology and continuing education, marketing, keeping up with blog posts....believe me, it never ends! That's not even all the bookkeeping & legal part that someone like me who runs a business on their own has to do.

So, my current goal is to take images that are as close to perfect straight out of the camera. It saves alot of time on the back end. I am very proud to say, all these images have not been edited, except two. And even then, I simply added some contrast on one to make it pop and vignette on the other to hide an annoying police car in the background. I have showed you the before and after.

If your a photographer and you have a chance to attend one of Neil's workshops, you won't regret it. I also think he is getting ready to publish a book soon. Keep your eyes open. Anyhow, here are some images that I took of models at the workshop with my new tricks & tips. LOVE IT!! Doesn't it have this high fashion look to it? Kind of like the stuff you see in magazines.











No comments:

 
sally gupton photography. copyright 2008.