December 23, 2008

HGTR Album Release [featuring works of SGP]

I am so freakin' proud of these guys and just ecstatic to be apart of their musical journey. The first time I heard Holy Ghost Tent Revival was at a wedding reception I was shooting at. It was a outdoor summer event in Boone, NC. Their sound echoed through the valley and I was immediately taken in.

Below is how Shakori Hills describes them, and to be honest, it's one of the only descriptions I have read that comes close to giving the emotions their music creates actual words;

"Holy Ghost Tent Revival rhythmic riot features throttling acoustic guitars and horn rave-ups, conjuring 19th century riverboat eclecticism, Stephen Foster style songcraft, and latter-day ragtime and Dixieland hilarity."

They had their first album release just recently and my photo was used inside the album cover! Go ahead. Ya know you want to. Pick one up. Support a local band, local art and one hell of an album!



No comments:

 
sally gupton photography. copyright 2008.