November 17, 2006

walking through the opened doors

After years of contemplating, I have finally decided to start a photography business. With the birth of my first child (1995), was also born the passion for photography. Obsessed with capturing every fleeing moment I have developed a talent and love for the art. My husband & I took a trip to LA for a long weekend recently. It was the first time the two of us had been away together since the birth of our third child, who was 10 months old. I don't know what it was about the trip that inspired me to actually move forward with the business but as soon as I got home I immediately started working on things. I feel strongly that this path is firmly placed beneath me, and everything is falling perfectly into place. My website is in the process of being built, I'm working on my portfolio, doing several photo sessions a week, and attending as many classes & seminars on photography that I can fit in my schedule. I want to thank everyone who gave me the opportunity to work with them and their children. Everyone I speak with is very encouraging and my motivation and excitement is through the roof. I can not wait to get things going and I'm so thrilled to have the opportunity to do something I love on a daily basis. I think this is a great opportunity to be apart of the community, meet new people, and surround myself with our youth. I'd love the opportunity to take any kind of photos (engagement, bridal, wedding, pets, friends, events) yet my specialty is children's portraiture. I think that I feel especially connected to that right now because my children are growing so fast and I understand wanting to keep as much of that alive as possible. I find great joy in helping a mother hold onto the memories of her children's youth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at hannah@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Hannah
hannah@wefeelfine.org

 
sally gupton photography. copyright 2008.