January 4, 2007

sibling relationships

Coming from a scientific background (my career in addition to being a photographer) I have always had an interest in how siblings influence one another. Considering we grow up together with the same surroundings, parents, values, & life lessons it's amazing the variation of characteristics that come from the same upbringing. Not to mention the relationship between siblings in which we learn from & teach one another. None the less, this life long relationship helps shape who we are & influences our behavior & interaction with the rest of the world. There are so many dynamics, emotions, lessons, love (& even hate from time to time). Observing my children as they interact with one another, whether it be in disagreement, nurture, or just plain silliness, gives me insight to who they are becoming. I love capturing the interaction & relationships between siblings in my photography.











my sister and i, one of my favorite photos from our childhood.

Yea, Yea... I know - the socks! (photo taken by our mother)

No comments:

 
sally gupton photography. copyright 2008.