June 8, 2007

ramblings

After a year of planning, and a week that has been painfully dragging by despite being a busy bee, the time has come! Tomorrow we leave for the beach! Not that the beach is that big of a deal, but two of my most favorite people will be there!! My two best friends live very far away. One in Jackson Hole WY and the other in Tampa FL. We (all six adults + six kids) are getting together for a week on Bald Head Island! Nothing but good friend & family time, sitting on the beach, sipping cocktails & eating good food! The best thing about Bald Head is there is nothing to do really but relax. It's an island, which you have to take a ferry too, and no cars are allowed, only golf carts. The kids can run & play and do what they please and there are no worries about their safety. I look forward to doing nothing. It's sad that I have to be put on a private island in order to stop. My husband & I made a deal there would be no business, emails or phone calls.

SO, to my clients- i will be checking voicemail periodically, if you really need me leave a message and I will gladly call you back, but other than that, I will return all phone calls and emails when I return (Monday June 18th). I actually drive back on Saturday morning right into a church parking lot to take pictures at the Mullis Wedding!

And just when you think your day can't get any better, you run into an awesomely talented artist. I just ran into Keet's stuff and I am so excited. Click here to see for yourself! Apparently, she does children's portraits with graphic illustrations, which give it this really cool, contemporary, fun twist. Here is a sample I ran across...


art by Keet Leibowitz, www.relentlesstoil.com

Very unique! I wanted to share her work with you to not only promote her, but I'm hoping I can talk her into doing a fun logo for me! My website is almost done and I'm still with out a logo! Which brings up another thought...a contest! I think it's almost time for another one, winner gets a free session! I'm going to think of something while on vacation, so be looking for the outcome when I return on the 18th!

Hello Summer!!

1 comment:

Relentless Toil said...

Oh you! You are such a nice lady!
I know exactly what you mean re: having to go to a tranquil island to get out of work mode. I find busy-ness sort of addictive, too, and with little kids -- or even just one -- isn't there always something that must be done that you cannot get to?
Anyways, THANKS and let's get together when you return.
Have a splendid time,
Keet

 
sally gupton photography. copyright 2008.