April 11, 2008

dan·de·li·on

a weed or a wish?

It's spring time! I adore this time of year. Not just the flowers and trees blooming and the warm summer nights, but a special southern treat as well; pink lemonade cake squares from Dewey's! I went out yesterday and played around with the camera. Something I rarely get to do anymore since it became apart of my "professional" life.

The dandelion is one of my favorite little treasures. My husband considers it a weed, as well as most people I suppose. It's hard to remember sometimes, not just with plants, that labels come with pre.conceived assumptions. Even a weed represents beauty through someones eyes. Yet why is it that "Weed" seems to be such an ugly word??? Don't be so quick to judge, because it usually turns out that you are wrong. Open your heart to reconsider something that is difficult for you to accept. Challenge yourself to change the way you think of a topic or even someone. Do some research, find out more about that "thing" that you'd normally turn your nose up at. You may be surprised and enlightened at the same time.

One of my most vivid memories is a field of dandelions in the Wyoming Mountains. Masses of them standing strong in the gentle breeze at the base of the Grand Tetons sharing a bed of full green grass. They don't quite grow like that around here, they seem alittle more scarce. I was excited to find a few today. They made me happy.



Notice the three standing together in the front center?
I've noticed lately, things come to me in threes.

No comments:

 
sally gupton photography. copyright 2008.