September 18, 2008

Forsyth Pediatrics + SGP = a community project!

Forsyth Pediatrics has been apart of our lives since my son Jake was an infant, thirteen years now. I have amazing confidence and trust in our doctor, Dudley Bell.

You never really know how good your pediatrics office/doctors are until you really need them. A typical check up and vaccinations are one thing, but when you rush to their doors early in the morning, just before they open, with a 3 month old who you think is having trouble breathing and turning blue, you hope;

1. your not just crazy and over dramatic
2. they will act immediately and help you

That's just what they did. Every single staff member that morning was there for not only Brady, but me too. We sat there with oxygen and the comforts of the staff until the ambulance could get us to the hospital. It was 3 intense days followed by months of tests, breathing treatments, sleepless nights {watching him breathe}, and being in and out of the hospital. I am so grateful to say that today; now almost 3 years old, Brady is normal {well, as normal as a 3 year old can be}.

Besides that extreme emergency visit, a few other great things about Forsyth Pediatrics;
.when your child needs to be seen, they get you in.
.the nurses on call are wonderful. If you have medical concerns or questions they are there {can you tell I am a paranoid mom yet?}
.Dr. Bell explains things to me in a way I can understand and especially the kids! I'll never forget the time he explained to my son what was happening to his body. He used examples and metaphors he could understand.
.I NEVER, NEVER feel rushed, he'll sit there and talk about your child's health as long as you need to!
.And to top it all off...There is nothing cooler than a pediatric physicians that rolls into the room with Heely's on!!

All that a pediatrics should be!

It was because of my trust and experiences with Forsyth Pediatrics that gave me the security and idea to do this project. They do wonderful things in our community, as well as in Haiti. I strive to do the same as an individual and in my business.

There is now a display of my work hanging in the lobby at Forsyth Pediatrics. For every patient that books a session with me, an organization {chosen by doctors} will receive a portion of the proceeds from your print order.

If your a Forsyth Pediatric patient there is a little something there for you, ask one of the receptionist when you stop in again!

Amazing people can do amazing things together! That means you. me and Forsyth Pediatrics! We can all know that we are doing something wonderfully supportive for people in need... And you get awesome images of your family while doing it!

To read more, and see which organizations are benefiting from this project see the flyer below {click on image to enlarge};







BTW...for all you moms out there wondering what was wrong with Brady... He had RSV and whopping cough.

No comments:

 
sally gupton photography. copyright 2008.