December 23, 2008

[catch up]

WoW! It's hard to believe this year is gone. What an amazing one it has been! This is going to be a long post. I apologize, I'm trying to play catch up on blogging. The holiday season has left me scattered. Leading up to now has been a sum of many things [amazing.insane.fun.busy.tiring.exciting]. I'm happy to say I survived the madness! whew! [can i breathe now?]

Tomorrow at 1pm I finally get to pack up and close down the holiday madness at SGP studio. I get to go home to be with my boys for the next couple of days. I'll be back on Monday preparing for 2009!

[christmas suprises]
There are alot of cool christmas presents sitting under some trees this year! I wish I could be there to see all the gifts of art being received from the amazing people I have been working with! I get so excited thinking about it! Personally, I always get much more excited about the giving part of Xmas. To watch the expressions, the surprise, the emotions. Eeeeee! the reward of giving. I can't quite post them yet, in case a receiver may be on the other end, but I look forward to revealing some images after Christmas. If you happen to record your loved one opening their gift from SGP submit the video. I'll post it for all to see!

[deadline for contest]
Remember the deadline for the "Giving is Awesome" Contest is Dec. 31st. I've had some great entries come through my email. I look forward to sharing with you the winning story on New Years Day!

[announcement for senior graduates]
Contact me if you are interested in modeling on January 2nd. Myself, along with a couple of other photographers are going to be working with a group of seniors to
build a portfolio with the senior market in mind. This is a great opportunity to receive a free session. All participants will receive a print credit towards purchase. Sessions will range from morning through the evening. Requires a model release [parents signature if under 18]. Email me at: defininglife@sallyguptonphotography.net and include a photo please. If you know an attractive, outgoing, expressive senior please share this announcement with them.

Now business is over, the fun stuff...

[JH]
In the last month I took a small vacay for myself to break up the holiday madness and, well, I simply deserved it... because it was my birthday! To celebrate, my two best girlfriends and I headed out west for some girl time and snowboarding. I use to live in this beautiful area called Jackson WY. A small town in the valley surrounded by the Grand Tetons. Here are a few images from the trip. Returning to that magical place always renews my spirit. If you've ever been there, you know just what I mean.


view from the hotel.




The Grand Tetons




the famous Million Dollar Cowboy Bar



a small geographical map of the town


[woods family]
I had the privilege of working with the Woods family earlier in November. They had won a free session from an auction at Forsyth Country Day School. Here are a few images from their session. A great family!












[Ginger+Chris]
I had posted a blog entry on this wedding earlier, but there were so many good ones, I just have to show more. It was one of those days when everything went perfectly. The bride, the groom, the camera [settings+lighting], the entire flow of the day. Like magic.





one of my favorites, they were playing with a paper football while waiting for the ceremony to start. See the blue 'football' flying above the grooms head [top shelf right].




L-O-V-E the expression on the grooms face as he dances with his grandmother.




There is no place I won't go for a photo. Yes, this was the men's bathroom. I had to stand on a urinal to get this image. This is where I was labeled 'the coolest wedding photographer ever'.







[A word from the bride]
Sally was extremely easy to work with. She went above and beyond what I had expected and was able to capture real moments between us, and between our family & friends, with what seemed to be effortless grace and enthusiasm. She worked wonderfully with our entire wedding party, taking special picture requests from family and friends, and even earning the title of "coolest photographer ever" from one of our groomsmen. I am so thrilled to have these memories captured in such a beautiful form.

[a shining star]
There is no better way to end this entry than with an amazing story of a little girl named Olivia. Olivia had a challenging beginning. A premature delivery and then major surgery within the first 24 hours of birth. She has proven to be nothing less than a shining star. The time spent with this family and little Olivia was some of the best spent moments I've had in a long while. Blessings are everywhere if you open your eyes, but to actually hold one is what I like to call a miracle. And she's just so, so sweet.

















This is one of my favorite images. Mom commented on how this is exactly what she did for the 7 weeks Olivia was in the NICU. Gently cupping and rubbing her small, fragile head. I can't imagine what it may feel like to have a new child that you can't hold. This image will remind mom of those endless nights and days as she sat...waiting...praying that her little girl was going to be okay. Although you never want to do it again, you wouldn't take back those moments for anything. Please keep Olivia +her parents in your prayers. While things are great now, I want to make sure they stay just that way.

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Enjoy the company of your loved ones. This is my favorite time of year, simply to be together. Happy Birthday Jesus!

No comments:

 
sally gupton photography. copyright 2008.